JUPITER, Fla. — Police in Florida have charged New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft with misdemeanor solicitation of prostitution, saying they have videotape of him paying for a sex act inside an illicit massage parlor.
Jupiter police told reporters Friday that the 77-year-old Kraft hasn't been arrested. A warrant will be issued and his attorneys will be notified.
The charge comes amid a widespread crackdown on sex trafficking in the area surrounding Palm Beach County. About 200 arrest warrants have been issued in recent days and more are expected.
The Patriots won the Super Bowl earlier this month in Atlanta. The team did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
- Tom Brady, Patriots beat Aaron Rodgers, Packers 31-17
- Jim Ingraham: Browns owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam showing signs they finally get it
- Meek Mill attends NBA playoff game after prison release
- Super Bowl LII Commentary: You can hate the Patriots, but appreciate them, too
- Patriots owner Kraft pulls some punches, throws others
- Owner Robert Kraft says Patriots did nothing wrong, will be owed apology in the end