Cody Lee Snyder, 19, of Elyria, passed away unexpectedly Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at University Hospitals Elyria Medical Center. He was born May 27, 1998 in Oberlin.
Cody was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at birth and yet it never slowed his zest for life! He worked as an HVAC service technician, treasured spending time with his family and friends. Cody loved his dog, Link, his bird, Sammy and enjoyed free style biking, hunting and fishing.
Survivors include his parents, Ronald Snyder (Esther) of Elyria and Christine Snyder (nee Peck) of Elyria; sisters, Shauni Bobo of Michigan, Sophia Strock of Grafton, Emerald Hoffman of Elyria; brother, Tyler Hoffman of Elyria and his girlfriend, Lara Esparaza of Elyria.
The family will receive friends from 1 to 5 P.M., Sunday, January 28, 2018 at The Laubenthal-Mercado Funeral Home and Cremation Services, 38475 Chestnut Ridge Rd. (at State Rt. 57), Elyria, (440) 322-4626, where funeral services will be 10 A.M., Monday, January 29, 2018. Pastor Calvin Searles will officiate. Burial will be at Rochester Center Cemetery in Rochester Township.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorial contributions in Cody's memory be sent to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Northern Ohio Chapter, 8001 Sweet Valley Dr. Suite 3, Valley View, OH 44125.
Online condolences can be expressed at www.laubenthalmercado.com
- Car registered to Judge John Miraldi was scene of fatal shooting (UPDATED/VIDEO)
- Jeffrey Miraldi waives hearing; bail set at $50,000 (UPDATED, VIDEO)
- Charges pile up, but bail is reduced for Jeffrey Miraldi (VIDEO)
- Special prosecutor to handle all cases relating to Cody Snyder death
- Judge reduces Turner's bond in connection with Cody Snyder shooting
- Visiting judge chosen for cases related to fatal shooting
- Jenna Turner's father faces pot charges in connection with death of Cody Snyder
- Teens waive charges in Cody Snyder fatal shooting; plea deal expected
- Teens plead guilty in exchange for testimony in Elyria homicide (UPDATED)
- Jeffrey Miraldi, Jenna Turner plead guilty in connection with killing of Cody Snyder
- 2. An Elyria homicide leads to the conviction of a judge's son
- Sentences handed down in Cody Snyder homicide (UPDATED)