The Lorain County Drug Task Force and its participating departments will be holding a prescription drug turn-in day from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 26.
Residents can dispose medications that are outdated or they no longer need without the drugs entering the water supply or being diverted by unintended users. No personal information will be asked. Residents are asked to remove all prescription labels.
Many departments now have permanent drop boxes, where medications can be safely disposed of 24 hours a day. Call your local department to see if this service is available.
Drop-off locations on Oct. 26 are:
- Amherst Police Department, 911 N. Lake St.
- Avon Police Department, 36145 Detroit Road
- Avon Lake Police Department, 32855 Walker Road
- ColumbiaTownship Fire Department, 25540 Royalton Road
- Elyria Police Department, 14 West Ave.
- Grafton Police Department, 1009 Chestnut St.
- Kipton Village Hall, 299 State Road
- LaGrange Police Department, 355 S. Center St.
- LorainCounty Sheriff's Office, 9896 Murray Ridge Road, Elyria
- North Ridgeville Police Department, 7307 Avon-Beldon Road
- Oberlin Police Department, 85 S. Main St.
- Sheffield Lake Police Department, 609 Harris Road
- Sheffield Village Police Department, 4340 Colorado Ave.
- Vermilion Police Department, 5791 Liberty Ave.
- Wellington Police Department, 117 Willard Memorial Square