Friday, Oct. 4
- 12:33 p.m. — Gary Avenue, police stopped two men walking and found Xanax on one of the men. He was taken into custody. The man also spit on the sidewalk, which is illegal, and was charged with spitting.
- 3:00 a.m. — 1300 block W. 10th St., a window was smashed in a car and the car owner found a GPS that wasn’t his outside of his car.
- 7:30 a.m. — 1600 block E. 29th St., a girl said she broke up with her boyfriend and he refused to leave her apartment.
- 12:12 p.m. — East 23rd Street, a woman told another woman to stop setting off fireworks in the area and they got into a fight over it.
- 1:38 p.m. — 2100 block W. 21st St., a woman said her daughter was jumping near a TV and the TV fell on her. Police are unsure if that’s how the daughter got lacerations to her head.
- 2:51 p.m. — 2900 block Pearl Ave., a customer wanted to try a sample of cheese at a bakery before she bought it. The employee said she couldn’t, and the customer punched her in the face.
- 5:00 p.m. — 1700 block E. 30th St., a man punched his friend when she tried to leave the house, so she punched him back, she said.
- 5:16 p.m. — 5800 Cherrywood Drive, a woman said she got emails from what she thought was a tea company, telling her to cash checks and mail them prepaid cards with the money. She called the company and they told her it was a scam.
- 7 p.m. — 5400 block Leavitt Road, a girl allegedly shoplifted items in a bag.