Sunday, Sept. 22
- 9:13 a.m.—Liberty Baptist Church, 1017 Lake Ave., the church pastor said the church was burglarized with entry through an upstairs window. About $2,100 in musical equipment was stolen, the pastor said.
- 7:46 a.m.—200 block Crestview Drive, a resident said the front window of his locked car, parked overnight in his driveway, was smashed. He said an iPhone and change were stolen from the car.
- 2:25 p.m.—900 block Rosewood Drive, a resident said her 2004 gray Ford Escape, which she left in an unlocked garage with spare keys in it, was stolen overnight. Police said the Escape was found in a yard at 1999 Sheriff St., with the front and rear windows broken out.
- 3 p.m.—Pudge’s Place, 311 Broad St., Richard Varady, 50, 400 block Columbus St., Elyria, arrested and charged with aggravated menacing. A man who said he was attending the Apple Festival with his family from Mansfield said Varaday brandished a knife at him and accused him of considering stealing his bicycle. Police said Varaday said he “showed” the man the knife to scare him away from his bicycle.
- 6:42 p.m.—900 block Wilder Avenue, juvenile boy, same address, arrested and charged with trespassing. A 10-year-old boy said he saw the other boy try to break into the house through a window. The arrested boy lives next door from the house he is accused of trespassing at.
- 9:15 p.m.—400 block West Avenue, Shawn Jackson-Evans, 19, same address, arrested and charged with domestic violence and resisting arrest. Evans’ father, whose face was bleeding, according to police, said his son struck him. Police said Evans struggled with them when they tried to handcuff him.
- 10:45 p.m.—200 block Hemlock Drive, Lauren Schilke, 29, same address, arrested and charged with three counts of domestic violence. Schilke is accused of hitting her husband and brother-in-law and slapping her mother-in-law in the face. The three all had visible injuries, according to police who said they photographed the injuries.
Monday, Sept. 23
- 7:13 a.m.—400 block E. Broad St., a woman said someone smashed the front windshield of her car overnight. She suspects her ex-boyfriend and said she found sunglasses she believes are her ex-boyfriend’s near the car.
Saturday, Sept. 21
- 11:56 p.m. — 5411 Leavitt Road, a Hispanic female was reported to have taken a quantity of make-up and cosmetics from Walgreens about 11:10 p.m. Store personnel told police the same woman had been told to leave the store on a previous occasion for attempted shoplifting.
- 8:33 p.m. — 310 E. Erie Ave., an employee of the Riveredge Drive-Thru reported the theft of a pair of rototillers valued at $1,200.
Sunday, Sept. 22
- 1:53 a.m. — 2100 block E. 42nd St., a man told police he had driven home and left his car unlocked in the driveway to check on his dog inside when the animal became agitated. The man went back outside to see a vehicle leaving the area. Police said two sets of golf clubs valued at $3,800 and a $400 range finder were missing from the vehicle.
- 4:56 a.m. — 1100 block W. 18th St., two men returning from spending the evening at bars in Amherst told police they discovered their residence had been broken into. Inside, a 50-inch TV, video game system and approximately a dozen video games were missing. The items were valued at $1,600.