Monday, Aug. 26
- 8:13 a.m. — Lorain City Warehouse, 501 E.21st. St., a man at the warehouse said $11,490 worth of copper piping and other items were stolen with entry made through a cut fence and a window that was forced open.
Monday, Sept. 2
- 4:07 p.m. — 2900 block Grove Ave., a man said someone stole a 9 mm semiautomatic pistol from his home while he was away for a few days. Police said there were no signs of forced entry.
Tuesday, Sept. 3
- 7:03 a.m. — West 28th Street and Broadway, Gail Kimbrough, 61, 1100 block West 21st Street., Lorain, cited for a red-light violation, driving with a suspended license and illegal use of license plates. Kimbrough ran a red light at Broadway and West 28th Street, police said.
- 3:12 p.m. — 4000 block West Erie Avenue, Sherri Pendleton, 41, same address, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Pendleton’s boyfriend, whom police said had no signs of injury, said Pendleton hit him in the face after an argument.
- 4:42 p.m. —1700 block East 33rd Street, a woman said the tires of her car that was parked in her driveway overnight were slashed. She suspects a man she has been feuding with.
- 5:07 p.m. — West 23rd Street and Hamilton Avenue, a 13-year-old boy, whom police said had multiple bruises on his face, said three teenaged boys knocked him off his bicycle around 4:30 p.m. at the intersection of West 24th Street and Hamilton Avenue. He said they repeatedly punched and kicked him in the face and went through his pockets before riding off on bicycles.
- 7:25 p.m. — Family Dollar, 1564 E. 28th St., a man said someone stole his bicycle while he was in the store.
- 7:28 p.m. — Lorain Animal Clinic, 5152 Grove Ave., a woman who said she was taking a cat she struck with her car to the clinic, said she honked her horn at two men in a car who nearly struck her at Colorado and Missouri avenues. She said the men followed her and threw a lug nut lock adapter through her rear car window, shattering it. The woman gave police the license plate number of the car and they said they tracked down the owner. The owner said she let a man who doesn’t have a driver’s license drive her car.