Tuesday, Sept. 3
- 4:02 p.m. — 1000 block Gulf Road, a woman said that an unknown car followed her into her driveway. The man from the car was white with a long white beard and allegedly told the woman he wanted to “find out where you lived,” and drove away. The suspect was found by police and denied telling the woman that.
- 9 a.m. —1300 block East Avenue, a Subway employee said that someone had tried to pry open the door to the establishment overnight.
- 3 p.m. — 500 block Fuller Road, a woman said that when she tried to drive her car, it made a loud sound and her mechanic told her the undercarriage had been removed over the night.
- 5:34 p.m. — 1100 block Garden Street, a woman said that when she went to pick up her prescription pills, someone else had already picked them up using the woman’s date of birth and address.
- 10:50 p.m. — 100 block West Avenue, a 17-year-old boy was certified for assault and criminal damage after he punched a boy he knew and smashed the windows of the boy’s mother’s car.
- 11 p.m. — 1000 block of Chestnut Commons Drive, a 19-year-old woman, was charged with shoplifting after she allegedly tried to take makeup items and fabric liners from Wal-Mart. The woman made suicidal comments to police after her arrest.
Wednesday, Sept. 4
- 1:50 a.m. — Case Avenue and South Abbe Road, Jerry Hayes, 31, was charged with tampering with evidence and possessing drug abuse instruments after police said they found syringes and burnt spoons in his book bag.
- 2:40 p.m. — 100 block West Ave., a man said that he parked his moped outside of his girlfriend’s house and it was missing in the morning. He said neighbors saw some underage people pushing the moped out of the driveway. The man later saw an underage person riding the moped, and when he told him he would call police, the driver returned the moped and ran.
- 3:03 p.m. — 100 block Falcon Avenue, a woman said someone stole two propane tanks from the grill on her patio.
- 3:07 p.m. — 4500 Midway Mall, Christine Rollins, 31, was charged with theft after a JCPenney employee saw her enter a dressing room with clothes and a bag and leave the store with a bulging bag. Rollins denied stealing, but police said jeans and shirts were found in her bag.
- 5:50 p.m. — 100 block Xavier Court, a woman said that a privacy fence was pulled away from its support. She said this happens frequently.
- 6:18 p.m. — 600 block Cleveland Street, a Sunoco employee said a man left the store with beer that he didn’t pay for. Police watched the security tape and identified the man.