Tuesday Aug. 27
- 11 a.m. - 100 block South Carolina Ave., a woman said she let a man who was homeless sleep in her house while her brother and mother were there because it was raining. After the man left, she said various items were missing from her room. The family is pursuing criminal charges.
- 12:20 a.m. - 100 block Dartmouth Court, a woman said that someone walked onto her property and cut off the lock on her barn. The person stole her weed eater and edger, she said. Police found two pieces of ID, which were missing from an earlier burglary by the gate.
- 9:01 a.m. - 100 block Xavier St., a man found his wife's purse in their swimming pool. The purse was missing a camera and credit cards.
- 10:20 a.m. - 100 block Cleveland St., Save-A-Lot employees said that a man took a 30 pack of Natural Light beer and walked out of the store without paying. Police have a suspect.
- 11:04 a.m. - 400 block Cambridge Ave., a woman said that someone entered her unlocked car while it was parked in a driveway and stole tools and a ratchet set.
- 9:45 p.m. - 6900 block Midway Mall, a woman said her purse was stolen from a bench inside Red Lobster. She said there was money, a phone and credit cards in the purse.
Wednesday Aug. 28
- 12:30 a.m. - 200 block College Park Drive, a man said he got into an argument with another man he knew. He said the other man punched him in the face and they fought.
- 1:15 a.m. - Infirmary Road, Samantha Conner, 18, was charged for receiving stolen property after she was pulled over for a traffic stop and police found the car was stolen.
- 1:32 a.m. - 700 block Infirmary Road, Robin Hancock, 48, was issued a citation for marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession after police found drugs and paraphernalia at her home. Police also charged Joshua Randolph, 35, with possession of crack cocaine and Jennifer Salisbury, 41, with permitting drug abuse and possessing drug paraphernalia.
- 2 a.m. -1800 block Middle Ave., a woman said the father of her child punched her in the face and drove away before police arrived.
Tuesday, Aug. 27
- 11:46 a.m. - 1700 block W. 12th St., a man found a purse with documents inside. Police contacted the owner of the purse, who said that someone cut her window screen and tried to get into her house. She said she didn't know if the incidents were related.
- 4:50 p.m. - 5300 block Leavitt Road, Mark Thompson, 50, and Heather McCrary, 38, were charged with shoplifting after they walked out of Super Kmart with a cartful of items they hadn't paid for.