OBERLIN — Law Director Eric Severs was the highest paid city employee in 2012, earning $135,869.94.
Severs serves as the legal advisor for the city and also serves as the Prosecutor for the City of Oberlin.
Other high earners included Eric Norenberg, the city manager, earning $119,990.55, Sal Talarico, finance director, earning $105,771.21, and Gary Boyle, director of planning and development, earning $96,512.80. They were also paid the highest in 2011.
Oberlin has a city manager/council form of government so there is no mayor. Members of City Council received $6,750, while the Council chair and council vice president earned $7,875 and $7,299.96 respectively.
Oberlin’s top 10 paid employees:
- Eric Severs, law director: $135,869.94
- Eric Norenberg, city manager: $119,990.55
- Sal Talarico, finance director: $105,771.21
- Gary Boyle, director of planning and development: $96,512.80
- Thomas Miller, police chief: $95,782.80
- Dennis Kirin, fire chief: $95,123.60
- Jeffrey Baumann, public works director: $95,109.00
- Jerry Hade: water superintendent: $93,444.62
- Steven Dupee, electric director: $88,829.00
- David Rucker, general maintenance superintendent: $86,874.80
Complete employee earnings listings
[table id=52 /]