VERMILION — Police Department employees again topped the list of top paid employees in the city of Vermilion, with Sgt. Gordon Adams receiving the highest pay.
Adams received $90,138.40 in 2012, according to the list of provided salaries. He received more than Police Chief Chris Hartung, who was the fourth highest paid, earning $81,970.13.
Adams earned the top salary last year because overtime was factored into the salaries.
Adams' hourly wate, $27.02, was less than Hartung’s at $34.62.
Vermilion’s top 10 paid employees for 2012:
- Gordon Adams, police sergeant: $90,138.40
- Andrew Grote, water plant: $86,231.89
- Gene Baker, street department: $82,462.49
- Chris Hartung, police chief: $81,970.13
- Mike Majer, waste water: $73,567.22
- James Graham, police sergeant: $72,948.14
- Keri Angney, finance director: $71,800
- Jeff Chandler, police sergeant: $71,228.67
- Robert Kurtz, service director: $70,965.09
- Scott Holmes, police corporal: $70,689.74
Complete list of employee earnings
[table id=45 /]