AVON — Eight of the city’s top 10 wage-earners in 2012 were members of the community’s safety forces.
As he did for 2011, Mayor Jim Smith again topped the list with a 2012 salary of $125,997.62
Police Chief Richard Bosley came in second with an annual salary totaling $120,571.14.
Bosley was followed by Fire Chief Frank Root, who earned $113,075.20.
Salary figures provided by June Mitchell, the city’s assistant finance director, included overtime and longevity pay, as well as holiday and vacation pay.
Salary figures for members of the city’s Fire and Police departments also included uniform allowances, which were $950 for police and $900 for firefighters.
Avon’s top 10 paid employees for 2012:
- Mayor Jim Smith, $125,997.62
- Police Chief Richard Bosley, $120,571.14
- Fire Chief Frank Root, $113,075.20
- Police Capt. Lawrence Fischbach III, $105,471.54
- Finance Director William Logan, $104,869.10
- Fire Capt. Rodney Meadows, $99.162.48
- Asst. Fire Chief Timothy Golay, $97,496.80
- Police Lt. Daniel Fischbach, $97,390.97
- Police Lt. Keith Haag, $95,383.86
- Fire Capt. Timothy Barrett, $94,485