Tuesday, March 28, 2017 Elyria 42°
Delivering to Lorain County 7 days a week


No one injured in Lorain fire

LORAIN — No one was hurt in a house fire at 2711 Ashland Avenue called in at 7:37 p.m. Thursday.

The fire in a wood-framed duplex near West 27th Street was due to an electrical problem, according to Assistant Fire Chief Dennis Livchak. He said the resident of the home said after she turned on a space heater in her living room, she saw a flame coming from the electrical outlet which quickly spread to drapes. The woman grabbed her 1-year-old baby and fled.

The fire was contained to the living room and firefighters controlled it in about two minutes, Livchak said. The fire also caused smoke damage to the kitchen, but didn’t spread to the other home in the duplex.

Property damage was estimated at about $40,000 and $8,000 for belongings. The woman is staying with relatives, Livchak said.

Click to view comments
To Top

Fetching stories…