LORAIN — U.S. Army Cpl. Heath Kirk of Lorain, who lost his leg in Afghanistan in the fall, will be welcomed home Saturday with a motorcade and party.
The family is asking residents to line the motorcade route, as this will be Kirk's first time back to Lorain since he left for the Army.
The motorcade route for Corporal Heath Kirk is as follows:
- Quaker Steak and Lube — depart about 5:30 p.m. Saturday
- Go west to state Route 57
- Right on state Route 57 and travel north
- Take a right on 42nd Street and go past Southview High School — pass at about 5:45 p.m.
- Take a left on Palm Avenue
- Take a left on Homewood Drive
- Turn right on state Route 57 and travel north
- Take a left on East 28th Street and travel west
- Travel north on Broadway and pass City Hall — pass by about 6 p.m.
- Travel west on U.S. Route 6
- Travel onto Liberty Avenue then to Main Street — pass by about 6:15 p.m.
- Travel north on state Route 60 to American Legion Post 397 — arrive about 6:30 p.m.