Tuesday, February 21, 2017 Elyria 61°
Delivering to Lorain County 7 days a week

News

Cooking fire damages Elyria home

ELYRIA - A pan left on a stove sparked a small fire about 6:30 p.m. Saturday at a High Street duplex, firefighters say.

Elyria Assistant fire Chief Tim Mitchell said no one was home in either side of the building when the pan overheated and ignited a small portion of the kitchen.

It took firefighters only about 10 minutes to extinguish the flames. Still, the fire caused $5,000 in damages, Mitchell estimates.

A mother and three children who live  in the duplex were given housing by the Red Cross. Their names were not available late Saturday.

Click to view comments
To Top

Fetching stories…