Sunday, November 19, 2017 Elyria 39°


Second Suspect charged


Woman went to school with Cutts Jr.   
Coroner verifies body is Jessie Davis

From wire reports
LAKE TOWNSHIP  — The sign taped outside the door to Logos Baptist Assembly on Sunday morning read: “No Media Allowed.”
Just two days earlier, the Rev. C.A. Richmond Sr. had invited everyone, including reporters, to witness a spiritual ceremony to aid Canton patrolman Bobby Cutts Jr.
At the time, Cutts was enduring national suspicion but was professing his innocence in the disappearance of his girlfriend, Jessie Marie Davis.
But on Sunday, Richmond slowly opened the church door and politely said there would be no comment to the media.
A day earlier, Cutts was arrested and charged with the murder of Davis and her unborn daughter. Cutts, 30, is due in court this afternoon to answer those charges.
The investigation into the death of Davis continues, including the arrest Sunday afternoon of Myisha Ferrell, 29, a friend of Cutts whose home in Canton was raided Saturday night.
Ferrell is charged with obstructing justice, a felony. She is accused of hindering deputies and agents in their investigation of Davis’ disappearance. The maximum penalty for obstruction of justice is five years in prison.
Ferrell is in the custody of the Stark County Sheriff’s Office and will be arraigned today in Canton Municipal Court.
Stark County authorities on Sunday released a photo of Ferrell taken in 2003, when she served 10 days in the Stark County Jail for driving with a suspended license. The suspension was related to car insurance.
Davis’ body and that of her unborn child were officially identified Sunday. The cause of death is pending further investigation, Summit County Medical Examiner Lisa Kohler said.
The remains were found Saturday afternoon on the southeast end of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
Authorities will not confirm media reports that Cutts confessed to the killing and directed them to Davis’ body.
Cutts’ attorney, Bradley Iams, did not return messages left at his home.
“All I can say is we did have ongoing conversations with Bobby,” FBI special agent Scott Wilson said Sunday. “I wouldn’t comment on any statements he made.
“We’re still going out interviewing people to make sure if anyone else is involved.”
Saturday night, after Cutts’ arrest, authorities served a search warrant for Ferrell’s apartment.
Wilson declined to discuss the woman’s possible role in the Davis case. However, he said he was unaware of any arrest warrants for an accomplice to Davis’ death. 
Justin Lindstrom, 27, who lives above the woman’s apartment, said deputies and FBI agents had visited the woman’s home repeatedly over the past week while Davis was missing.
Lindstrom, who does maintenance work for the property’s landlord, was home when deputies and the FBI returned Saturday night.
“I heard the sheriffs beating on her door, and I tried to tell them I had a key, but they had a battering ram and they didn’t wait for keys,” Lindstrom said. 
Lindstrom said officers spent two hours searching the woman’s apartment Saturday night before leaving with several full, brown paper bags and bottles of bleach from the basement.
Ferrell worked at a Denny’s restaurant until quitting her job Friday, Lindstrom said. A manager at Denny’s, who declined to give his name, confirmed that Ferrell had worked there as a dishwasher. He said Ferrell was a hard worker, but declined to comment further.
A search warrant affidavit and inventory list were left inside the apartment, he said. Lindstrom said deputies were looking for cleaning items and specifically asked about a bed comforter.
Davis, 26, was reported missing June 15 from her home in Lake Township.

Click to view comments
To Top

Fetching stories…