In late July, David Hardy was appointed as the virtually all-powerful Lorain Schools CEO by the Lorain Academic Distress Commission.
The commission reportedly chose him because of his work transforming the academics of the St. Louis Public Schools as the district's deputy superintendent, although not everyone was happy with the process by which Hardy was selected. Since then, he’s made many changes and plans, recently getting his Lorain Promise Plan to improve the district successfully approved by the LADC in November.
Hardy has now started to move forward with the first steps of his improvement plan; revamping the district’s administration faculty and its goals. Hardy’s search for new administrators is already underway and he hopes to be down to the finalists in the next couple months.
Hardy’s tenure hasn’t been without its controversies, including a decision to sideline Superintendent David Graham and complaints about his leadership style from some in the community and the district itself.
- 2017 in review
- Lorain Schools CEO plans district revamp
- Status of Lorain Schools superintendent unclear
- Lorain school board president still seeking information in CEO search
- Lorain Academic Distress Commission OKs plan, will submit it to state
- Lorain Schools CEO says superintendent leaving district
- Lorain Schools CEO discusses his plan
- Lorain Schools CEO seeks input on draft plan
- Lorain Schools CEO looks to hire firm to look at budget
- Forum focuses on state of Lorain Schools
- Lorain CEO supports DACA in statement
- Lorain faces long uphill climb to meet state standards
- Lorain schools CEO talks parental involvement at event
- After first month on the job, Lorain CEO Hardy updates academic distress commission
- Lorain Schools CEO search company stands firm
- Lorain school board votes to makes records request
- New Lorain CEO lays out plan for first 90 days
- Added link found between Lorain CEO, search firm
- Lorain Schools CEO selects firm to craft outreach
- New Lorain CEO: First I'll 'get under the hood'
- David Hardy is chosen CEO of Lorain Schools
- Four Lorain CEO finalists have connections to search firm's founder
- Lorain board member suggests mayor Ritenauer for district CEO
- Residents meet Lorain Schools' CEO candidates
- Lorain school CEO interviews proceeding today
- Finalists selected for Lorain Schools CEO job