The Lorain County Bar Association will swear in its 83rd president during its annual meeting Friday.
Domestic Court Magistrate Charlita Anderson White will be sworn in at noon at Lorain County Justice Center. She will replace President Andy Young.
Anderson White has served on the Bar Association for close to 30 years, including a moot court judge, on the scholarship committee, chair of the Juvenile Law committee and as a board member. She is currently the vice president of the board and chair of the Bar Association’s Certified Grievance Committee. She was the first recipient of the association’s Maude Marsh Washburn Award, created in 2016, to honor female attorneys in the county.
In a news release, Anderson White said she is excited to serve the bar in a larger capacity.
- A look at voting in race for Lorain County Domestic Relations judge
- Incumbent Lisa Swenski prevails in crowded Domestic Relations Judge's race
- 3 candidates have filed bankruptcy in past
- Source: Judge Swenski sought firing of Bar Association director
- Judicial candidates tout qualifications at Bar Association event
- 2018 Primary Election Guide: Lorain County Domestic Relations Judge's Race
- Five women receive awards for achievement