An appeals court has ruled in favor of Amazon in a lawsuit filed on behalf of the father of an 18-year-old Keystone High School student who died of a caffeine overdose.
On May 27, 2014, Logan Stiner, a senior at Keysone, died of a fatal dose of caffeine powder, after a friend of his purchased the powder through Amazon’s website.
After his death, Logan’s father, Dennis Stiner, filed a lawsuit against Amazon and other defendants. A Lorain County judge eventually ruled in favor of Amazon.
Stiner then filed an appeal with the 9th District Court of Appeals claiming the Lorain County court erred. The appeals court affirmed the lower court’s ruling, according to court documents.
- Ohio Senate approves ban on caffeine powder
- UPDATED: Bill banning caffeine powder passes state Senate
- Bill banning caffeine powder clears state house
- Caffeine powder ban advances in Statehouse
- UPDATED: Caffeine powder ban moves through Ohio Senate committee
- Stiner family sues maker of caffeine powder
- 2. Teen dies from caffeine powder overdose
- FDA going after sellers of pure caffeine powder after teen's death
- FDA official warns of dangers of caffeine powder
- Sen. Gayle Manning handily wins re-election
- Sen. Brown opposes online caffeine powder sales
- Teen's family launches website warning about powdered caffeine
- U.S. senator seeks national caffeine powder ban after Keystone student's death
- FDA issues warning after teen dies from caffeine overdose
- Autopsy finds Keystone senior died from caffeine overdose
- Keystone commencement full of joy, sorrow after senior's death
- Benefit scheduled today for Logan Stiner's family
- Logan J. Stiner
- Division II regional baseball: Heavy hearts hard to overcome as Keystone held to one hit and no runs in loss to Perkins
- Division II regional softball: Tough week ends in tough loss as Keystone manages just one hit in 4-1 loss to Maumee
- Benefit planned for family of Logan Stiner
- Family, friends remember Keystone senior
- Keystone mourns senior student-athlete
- Logan J. Stiner