ELYRIA — Three men were arraigned on murder charges in connection with the October killing of Zachary Mason.
Larry Hamilton Jr., 23, of Lorain, Keeon Green Jr., 18, of Elyria, and Lance Cheers, 28, of Lorain, all pleaded not guilty during their arraignments in Lorain County Common Pleas Court on Thursday, according to court documents.
Last week, Green and Cheers were indicted on two counts of special felony murder, two counts of first-degree felony aggravated robbery and tampering with evidence, while Hamilton was indicted on two counts of special felony murder, one count of aggravated robbery and two counts of tampering with evidence by a grand jury, according to court records.
Most of the charges also include gun specifications, which carry a mandatory sentence upon conviction.
Police have said Mason was at Southwyck Apartments complex, located on West River Road North, on Oct. 1. About 6 p.m. when he was shot on a second-floor landing. He managed to get outside before collapsing, and was taken to University Hospitals Elyria Medical Center, where he died.
All three men are being held in Lorain County Jail on $1 million bond. All three are scheduled to appear before Judge Chris Cook this morning.
- Judge recuses himself from murder trials
- Third man arrested, arraigned in connection to Southwyck homicide
- At funeral for homicide victim, pastor fosters change
- Elyria police seek third suspect in connection to Southwyck homicide (UPDATED)
- Zachary Keith Mason, Sr.
- Zachary Mason, Sr.
- Zachary Keith Mason
- Elyria police, fire investigating possible arson at apartment that was fatal shooting site
- Two arrested, charged with aggravated robbery in connection with Elyria homicide
- Man shot, killed in Elyria (UPDATED, VIDEO)