ELYRIA — A scheduled hearing on a civil protection order filed against Lorain County Joint Vocational School board member Ayers Ratliff by another board member was pushed back a month.
The matter was scheduled for a hearing Monday afternoon before Magistrate Linda Butler in Lorain County Common Pleas Court, but the two sides agreed to postpone it until Nov. 28.
On Oct. 16, board member Annie Carstarphen filed for the stalking protection order after Ratliff allegedly told one of Carstarphen’s co-workers at the Lorain County Auditor’s Office that Carstarphen “should be shot,” according to court documents.
Ratliff has said the entire exchange was false and said the accusation was related to him being outspoken about going against the JVS levy on the Nov. 6 ballot, a proposed 0.75-mill permanent improvement levy.
- Joint Vocational School levy fails
- Magistrate hears sides on JVS board protection order case
- Magistrate denies JVS board member's request for protection order (UPDATED)
- Stalking order filed against Lorain County JVS board member Ayers Ratliff
- Wellington school board supports member who was censured by JVS board
- Lorain County JVS board censures member from Wellington
- Wellington Schools board votes full confidence in its superintendent
- Unions vote no confidence in Wellington Schools superintendent
- Wellington yearbooks reprinted for free; JVS students were omitted
- JVS board approves new contract for superintendent
- JVS board member dislikes new superintendent contract proposal