ELYRIA — Police have named a third suspect in connection with the Oct. 1 shooting death of a 20-year-old Elyria man in an apartment complex off West River Road.
Larry E. Hamilton Jr., 23, with a last known address in the 1300 block of Shaffer Drive in Lorain, is wanted by the Elyria Police Department and the U.S. Marshals Service Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force on a charge of aggravated robbery, a first-degree felony.
The charge is connected to the death of Zachary Mason, Elyria police said. Hamilton has prior arrests for weapons-related offenses and should be considered armed and dangerous, according to Elyria police Capt. Chris Costantino.
Anyone with information on Hamilton’s whereabouts is asked to call the Elyria Police Department at (440) 323-3302 or the U.S. Marshals Service at (866) 492-6833.
Two Elyria men — Keeon Green Jr., 18, and Lance Cheers, 28 — also are charged with first-degree felony counts of aggravated robbery in connection with the case. They were arrested Oct. 2.
Police said Mason was at the Southwyck Apartments at approximately 6 p.m. Oct. 1 when he was shot on a second-floor landing. He managed to get outside before collapsing, and was taken to University Hospitals Elyria Medical Center, where he died, police said.
Green and Cheers are being held without bond in Lorain County Jail. Additional or amended charges are possible once the case is presented to a grand jury.
- At funeral for homicide victim, pastor fosters change
- Third man arrested, arraigned in connection to Southwyck homicide
- 3 plead not guilty in Elyria killing
- Judge recuses himself from murder trials
- Judge won't reduce Elyria murder suspect's $500,000 bond
- Elyria police, fire investigating possible arson at apartment that was fatal shooting site
- Two arrested, charged with aggravated robbery in connection with Elyria homicide
- Man shot, killed in Elyria (UPDATED, VIDEO)