Two arrests have been made in the investigation into an Elyria homicide Monday night — and more are expected, police say.
According to a news release from Elyria police, Keeon Green Jr., 18, and Lance Cheers, 28, were arrested Tuesday in connection with the killing of Zachary Mason.
Mason, 20, was found in a parking lot in front of one of the buildings at Southwyck Apartments around 6 p.m. Monday. Police believe he was in one of the apartments, and was shot in the hallway on a second-floor landing, making his way outside before collapsing. Mason was taken to University Hospitals Elyria Medical Center, where he died from his wounds.
Green and Cheers are both in Lorain County Jail without bond pending a hearing in Elyria Municipal Court. For now, police said, both face charges of aggravated robbery, a first-degree felony. Additional charges are expected to be filed.
- Elyria police, fire investigating possible arson at apartment that was fatal shooting site
- Elyria police seek third suspect in connection to Southwyck homicide (UPDATED)
- At funeral for homicide victim, pastor fosters change
- Third man arrested, arraigned in connection to Southwyck homicide
- 3 plead not guilty in Elyria killing
- Judge recuses himself from murder trials
- Man shot, killed in Elyria (UPDATED, VIDEO)