An Elyria Municipal Court judge has set Jenna Turner’s bond at $1,000 for each additional tampering with evidence charge.
Last week Turner was charged with two additional counts of tampering with evidence in connection with the shooting death of Cody Snyder. She previously had been charged with one count, and bond for that charge had been set at $10,000.
On Friday, Judge Gary Bennett set Turner’s bond at $2,000 for the additional charges after her attorney said the 19-year-old was not a flight risk and had shown up to all court dates prior. Defense attorney Thomas Kraus also claimed Turner’s naiveté had gotten her wrapped up in a bad situation.
Lorain County Jail records show Turner was released from jail shortly after her arraignment on the new charges. Kraus also indicated Turner would waive her preliminary hearing, which is scheduled for Thursday afternoon.
- Grand jury releases indictments in Cody Snyder homicide
- Three plead not guilty in Cody Snyder homicide (VIDEO, UPDATED)
- 2 juveniles face adult charges in Cody Snyder death
- Teens waive charges in Cody Snyder fatal shooting; plea deal expected
- Teens plead guilty in exchange for testimony in Elyria homicide (UPDATED)
- Jeffrey Miraldi, Jenna Turner plead guilty in connection with killing of Cody Snyder
- Kajaun Anderson pleads guilty in Cody Snyder's death (UPDATED)
- 2. An Elyria homicide leads to the conviction of a judge's son
- Sentences handed down in Cody Snyder homicide (UPDATED)
- Visiting judge chosen for cases related to fatal shooting
- Jenna Turner's father faces pot charges in connection with death of Cody Snyder
- Jeffrey Miraldi released on bail
- Special prosecutor to handle all cases relating to Cody Snyder death
- Jeffrey Miraldi waives hearing; bail set at $50,000 (UPDATED, VIDEO)
- Charges pile up, but bail is reduced for Jeffrey Miraldi (VIDEO)
- May primary will feature crowded domestic relations judge's race
- Jeffrey Miraldi arraigned on tampering charge related to homicide (UPDATED)
- Judge's son charged with tampering in connection with fatal shooting
- Car registered to Judge John Miraldi was scene of fatal shooting (UPDATED/VIDEO)
- Prosecutor files motions to try teens as adults in killing of 19-year-old
- Cody Lee Snyder
- Cody Snyder's death was expected — but not this way (VIDEO)
- 2 teens deny charges in fatal Elyria shooting
- Three arrested in fatal Elyria shooting (UPDATED)