ELYRIA – Jeffrey Miraldi waived his preliminary hearing on all charges during a court appearance Tuesday, and his bail was reduced to $50,000.
Miraldi, 20, of Elyria, was initially charged with tampering with evidence in the homicide of Cody Snyder, 19, who was fatally shot during what police believe was a drug deal that turned into a robbery. Police filed additional charges this morning of involuntary manslaughter with a gun specification, trafficking in marijuana, also with a gun specification, and three additional charges of tampering with evidence related to a deleted text message, removal of drugs from the scene and the removal of Snyder’s cell phone from the scene, a release from police said.
Prior to this afternoon’s hearing, Miraldi was in the Lorain County Jail on $200,000 bond after being charged with an initial count of tampering with evidence for allegedly disposing of a gun after the incident. Bail was lowered to $50,000 by visiting Judge Ronald Adrine. Miraldi’s case will now head to a county grand jury.
Police also arrested Miraldi’s girlfriend, Jenna Turner, 19, of Middleburg Heights, at her home around 9:30 a.m. today. Turner is facing additional charges of tampering with evidence in connection with the shooting for the removal of a backpack, which allegedly contained marijuana, and tampering with evidence with a gun specification for allegedly removing a firearm from the scene of the shooting, according to police.
The gun specifications, if there is a conviction, require a mandatory three-year prison sentence.
Turner is being held at Lorain County Jail pending the posting of bond on an appearance in court, police said.
- Special prosecutor to handle all cases relating to Cody Snyder death
- Sentences handed down in Cody Snyder homicide (UPDATED)
- 2. An Elyria homicide leads to the conviction of a judge's son
- Jeffrey Miraldi, Jenna Turner plead guilty in connection with killing of Cody Snyder
- Teens plead guilty in exchange for testimony in Elyria homicide (UPDATED)
- Teens waive charges in Cody Snyder fatal shooting; plea deal expected
- 2 juveniles face adult charges in Cody Snyder death
- Kajaun Anderson pleads guilty in Cody Snyder's death (UPDATED)
- Grand jury releases indictments in Cody Snyder homicide
- Jenna Turner's father faces pot charges in connection with death of Cody Snyder
- Visiting judge chosen for cases related to fatal shooting
- Jeffrey Miraldi released on bail
- Judge reduces Turner's bond in connection with Cody Snyder shooting
- Three plead not guilty in Cody Snyder homicide (VIDEO, UPDATED)
- Charges pile up, but bail is reduced for Jeffrey Miraldi (VIDEO)
- Jeffrey Miraldi arraigned on tampering charge related to homicide (UPDATED)
- Judge's son charged with tampering in connection with fatal shooting
- Car registered to Judge John Miraldi was scene of fatal shooting (UPDATED/VIDEO)
- Prosecutor files motions to try teens as adults in killing of 19-year-old
- Cody Snyder's death was expected — but not this way (VIDEO)
- Cody Lee Snyder
- 2 teens deny charges in fatal Elyria shooting
- Three arrested in fatal Elyria shooting (UPDATED)