ELYRIA — Three teens — two of whom are juveniles — are in custody after a fatal shooting near Clinton Avenue on Tuesday night.
According to a statement from Elyria police, officers were called to the area of 162 Clinton Avenue for a report of shots fired around 10:37 p.m. Tuesday. They found evidence of shots fired, but nobody who was involved in any shooting. Witnesses said they saw a man running through backyards toward Bell Avenue.
Ten minutes later, a vehicle pulled into the emergency room parking lot at University Hospitals Elyria Medical Center, with the driver saying a passenger had been shot. A nearby police officer saw an unresponsive white man covered in blood in the passenger seat. There was also a woman in the car.
The man, identified by police as Cody Snyder, 19, of Elyria, died a short time later at the hospital.
Three people were arrested without incident this morning, and face charges of aggravated murder. Two juveniles, ages 16 and 17, are currently being held at the county Juvenile Detention Home, and Kajaun Anderson, 18, of Clinton Avenue, Elyria, is being held in the county jail on no bond. He has an appearance scheduled for Thursday in Elyria Municipal Court.
- 2 teens deny charges in fatal Elyria shooting
- Kajaun Anderson pleads guilty in Cody Snyder's death (UPDATED)
- Jeffrey Miraldi, Jenna Turner plead guilty in connection with killing of Cody Snyder
- Teens plead guilty in exchange for testimony in Elyria homicide (UPDATED)
- Teens waive charges in Cody Snyder fatal shooting; plea deal expected
- Three plead not guilty in Cody Snyder homicide (VIDEO, UPDATED)
- Grand jury releases indictments in Cody Snyder homicide
- Jenna Turner's father faces pot charges in connection with death of Cody Snyder
- Visiting judge chosen for cases related to fatal shooting
- 2. An Elyria homicide leads to the conviction of a judge's son
- Jeffrey Miraldi released on bail
- Special prosecutor to handle all cases relating to Cody Snyder death
- Charges pile up, but bail is reduced for Jeffrey Miraldi (VIDEO)
- Jeffrey Miraldi waives hearing; bail set at $50,000 (UPDATED, VIDEO)
- Jeffrey Miraldi arraigned on tampering charge related to homicide (UPDATED)
- Judge's son charged with tampering in connection with fatal shooting
- Car registered to Judge John Miraldi was scene of fatal shooting (UPDATED/VIDEO)
- Prosecutor files motions to try teens as adults in killing of 19-year-old
- Cody Snyder's death was expected — but not this way (VIDEO)
- Judge reduces Turner's bond in connection with Cody Snyder shooting
- Sentences handed down in Cody Snyder homicide (UPDATED)