An Elyria man is due in court today after being arrested in connection with a shooting last week.
U.S. Marshals arrested Jermaine McCullum Jr., 22, without incident at a home on Lardet Avenue in the Woodland Hills neighborhood on Cleveland’s East Side. Elyria police Capt. Chris Costantino said that while McCullum has an East Avenue address in Elyria, he moves back and forth between Elyria and Cleveland.
McCullum was charged with attempted murder, aggravated robbery and felonious assault, all first-degree felonies, in connection with the shooting of Quanteese Smith on Fuller Road on Dec. 11.
Smith, of Cleveland, told officers that he had left a barber shop on East Avenue and drove to Fuller Road to meet a friend about 6:30 p.m. Monday. When he got out of his car, Smith told police, two men came around the corner and robbed him and one shot him in the upper thigh.
Costantino said more arrests may be forthcoming.
- Elyria man gets five-year prison sentence in home invasion
- Awaiting sentencing, man faces charges in 2nd assault
- Elyria police investigate two shootings
- Four charged in Midview Crossings home invasion
- 4 cousins arrested in Elyria shooting
- Midview Crossings home invasion suspect sought by task force
- Police seek two cousins in Middle Avenue break-in
- Elyria man gets 2 years in carjacking, theft
- Elyria police arrest carjack suspect