NORTH RIDGEVILLE — Police have identified an inmate at the Lake Erie Correctional Facility as the suspect in an April homicide.
According to a statement from North Ridgeville police, John Rowan, 37, will be arraigned for the April 17 homicide of Harold Litten Jr. Police say robbery was the motive, and a weapon was recovered. The investigation revealed that Rowan and Litten knew each other, with Rowan performing some work for Litten.
Rowan turned himself in on a probation violation charge shortly after Litten’s death, and was scheduled for release Oct. 15. According to the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction, Rowan is imprisoned on a charge of robbery from Cuyahoga County.
Police said he will be arraigned in Lorain County afterward.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Suspect in North Ridgeville homicide in custody (VIDEO)
- Rowan arraigned in North Ridgeville homicide
- Death penalty possible in North Ridgeville killing
- Third attorney bows out of capital murder case
- Defendant secures lawyer for death-penalty case
- Man takes plea deal in North Ridgeville murder for 30 years to life (VIDEO)
- News conference scheduled for update on North Ridgeville homicide
- North Ridgeville police investigating found body as homicide
- Body found in North Ridgeville identified; death ruled homicide
- Body found in North Ridgeville