Sunday, July 22, 2018 Elyria 66°
Advertisement

Cops and Courts

Reckless homicide charge dropped in body dumping; case headed to grand jury

  • Williams-mug-jpg

    Christopher Williams Jr.

    PHOTO PROVIDED

Advertisement

ELYRIA — A reckless homicide charge against a Lorain man accused of leaving an overdosing woman to die in a field was dismissed Wednesday in Elyria Municipal Court.

The case against Christopher Williams Jr., 21, instead will be presented directly to a Lorain County grand jury, according to Elyria Municipal Court records.

Two other men, Gregory Ralston, 27, and Anthony Barker, 24, were indicted on reckless homicide and other charges last week and are scheduled to be arraigned today.

Elyria police have said the three men were with Naomi Caulfield, 29, when she overdosed on drugs at Barker’s Elyria home April 11. The trio then allegedly loaded her into the back of an SUV and drove her to an isolated area off Old Fowl Road in Elyria and left her there.

Chief Deputy County Coroner Frank Miller has said Caulfield was alive when she was left in the field and died from an overdose of the powerful painkiller fentanyl.

Caulfield’s body was discovered the next day by a woman walking her dog.



Click to view comments
Advertisement
Advertisement
To Top

Fetching stories…