ELYRIA — An Elyria driver who allegedly fled from a fatal traffic crash he is accused of causing has been indicted on charges of aggravated vehicular homicide and failure to stop after an accident.
PHOTO PROVIDED Enlarge
Danny Emery, 29, was freed on bond from Lorain County Jail after being served with the charges from the secret indictment.
The Ohio Highway Patrol reported that Emery’s 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt collided Nov. 5 with a motorcycle driven by 23-year-old Tyler Marrero on North Ridge Road in Elyria Township.
Troopers said that Marrero was following the Cobalt when the two vehicles collided and the motorcycle overturned. Marrero was taken to University Hospitals Elyria Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Emery allegedly drove away from the scene and was tracked down at his home.
Emery is scheduled to be arraigned later this week.
- Several not guilty pleas made in high-profile cases
- Danny Emery pleads guilty in crash that killed Tyler Marrero
- 'He died in front of us': Family makes emotional statements at sentencing in fatal car wreck (UPDATED)
- Mom files civil suit in fatal crash
- Elyria man dies after motorcycle crash on North Ridge Road