AVON LAKE – A man accused of shooting his wife’s friend in the parking lot of Technifab in Avon will appear in court for a preliminary hearing on Thursday.
PHOTO PROVIDED Enlarge
Joshua Avalos, 28, of Lorain, is charged with aggravated felonious assault and vehicular assault. His bond was set at $1 million today in Avon Lake Municipal Court.
In a 911 call at about 8:30 a.m. Thursday, his wife, Brittany Avalos, calls Joshua her “soon-to-be-ex” and says he shot her friend, Kevin Fenderson.
Shortly after that 911 call, police responded to a car wreck at Colorado and Carleen avenues in Avon where they quickly discovered the incidents were related.
Police say Joshua Avalos shot Fenderson, 37, of Elyria, in the back and then pursued Fenderson when Fenderson left the Technifab parking lot in his car.
The incident ended with the car crash and Avalos was arrested at the scene. Fenderson was taken to the hospital and had surgery for the single bullet wound and was released the same day. Avalos was also taken to the hospital and treated for wounds sustained in the crash before being brought to the Lorain County Jail.
Court records show Avalos has hired a lawyer but the court did not yet have the name of the lawyer.
Avon police said more charges could be brought against Avalos pending the outcome of an investigation.
- Suspect ruled competent for attempted murder trial
- Man charged with attempted murder denied bond reduction
- Joshua Avalos pleads guilty in Avon shooting, gets 11-year prison sentence (UPDATED)
- Avalos waives preliminary hearing, seeks bail reduction
- Man indicted in Avon shooting
- Shooting suspect seeks second psych evaluation
- UPDATE: Two injured after Avon shooting, car wreck
- Shooting, wreck in Avon
- UPDATE: Avon shooting victim released from hospital
- Domestic situation sparked shooting