AVON – The victim of a shooting this morning at Technifab has been released from the hospital after he underwent surgery for a single gunshot wound to his back.
Police said Kevin Fenderson, 37, of Elyria, drove away from the parking lot of Technifab after being shot by Joshua Avalos, 28, of Lorain.
Avalos pursued Fenderson from Technilab at 1355 Chester Industrial Parkway, to Colorado and Carleen avenues where both cars crashed, police said.
Avalos was taken into custody at the crash scene and then taken to St. John’s Westshore Hospital where he was treated for minor injuries before being taken to the Lorain County Jail, police said.
Avalos is charged with aggravated felonious assault and vehicular assault.
Avon police Capt. Jim Drozdowski said the investigation is ongoing and additional charges may be brought against Avalos at the conclusion.
No other information, including a motive, is available at this time.
- Suspect ruled competent for attempted murder trial
- Man charged with attempted murder denied bond reduction
- Joshua Avalos pleads guilty in Avon shooting, gets 11-year prison sentence (UPDATED)
- Shooting suspect seeks second psych evaluation
- $1 million bond set for man accused of Avon shooting
- Avalos waives preliminary hearing, seeks bail reduction
- Man indicted in Avon shooting
- Domestic situation sparked shooting
- UPDATE: Two injured after Avon shooting, car wreck
- Shooting, wreck in Avon