Abline Cannon, a Lorain man who’s been on the run from police since Dec. 10, was caught by the U.S. Marshals Violent Fugitive Task Force today.
The task force located and arrested Cannon at an apartment on Anita Court in Kent where he was hiding under a pile of clothes when police arrived, said Lorain Police Capt. Roger Watkins.
CT FILE Enlarge
Police said Cannon was believed to be hiding at that address as well as several other locations since the murder.
Cannon is in custody at an area hospital receiving treatment for a gunshot wound that he likely received during the murder, Watkins said.
Cannon, 37, was wanted in connection with the murder of David Barreiro, a 23-year-old found dead in an apartment on Shore Drive in Lorain.
Cannon had arrived at University Hospitals Elyria Medical Center with a gunshot to his right arm after police responded to reports of gunshots at the Shore Drive apartment, according to initial reports.
Police said he walked away from the hospital against medical advice. Weeks later, on Dec. 24, police arrested Cannon’s mother, Machelle Browner, and sister Marcia King, and charged them with obstruction of justice after police obtained video of the women picking Cannon up from the hospital and driving away.
Cannon is on parole stemming from a drug trafficking conviction from 2012 in Cuyahoga County. He served about a year in prison and was released July 2013. He has several other drug cases dating back to 1998.
Police are asking anyone with additional information about this homicide to call the Lorain Police Criminal Investigative Division at 440-204-2105.
- Cannon pleads not guilty to Lorain murder at arraignment
- Trial begins for Abline Cannon in Lorain homicide
- Tempers flare as murder victim's family leaps over railing to attack defendant (VIDEO)
- Prosecution, defense try to make case about murder suspect's location
- Lorain murder defendant: man shot me, killed resident
- Albine Cannon's fate in jury's hands in murder trial
- Still no verdict in murder trial
- Abline Cannon found guilty of Lorain murder (UPDATED)
- Abline Cannon will serve at least 40 years before possibility of parole (UPDATED/VIDEO)
- Lorain homicide suspect makes task force's most wanted list
- 2 arrested in Lorain murder investigation
- Police seek man in connection with fatal home invasion
- Twin brother: Lorain murder victim 'was loved'