LORAIN — Police continue to look for a man accused of murder who is on the Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force’s 2016 year-end most-wanted list.
CT FILE Enlarge
Abline Cannon, 37, is wanted in connection with the slaying of David Barreiro, 23, of Lorain. Cannon was listed as the Task Force’s Fugitive of the Week during Christmas week. On Tuesday the Task Force put his name out again as one of 16 violent fugitives wanted for crimes committed in 2016.
Cannon is one of two fugitives on the list wanted for a crime committed in Lorain County. The other is Terrell McCullum, 29, wanted for his connection to an October shooting in Elyria.
Barreiro was found dead Dec. 10 inside a Shore Drive apartment after police received 911 calls of loud banging and gunshots.
Cannon, 37, arrived at University Hospitals Elyria Medical Center with a gunshot to his right arm, according to a police report. Cannon was then transported to MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland for further treatment.
Police later arrested Cannon’s mother, Machelle Browner, and sister, Marcia King, on charges of obstructing official business after they were spotted on surveillance video picking Cannon up from the hospital and driving away.
Cannon is on parole stemming from a drug trafficking conviction from 2012 in Cuyahoga County. He served about a year in prison and was released July 2013. He has several other drug cases dating back to 1998.
Police have not released more details about the slaying, citing an open investigation.
The Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force apprehended 38 violent fugitives in 2016, of which 16 were caught after tips from the public.
Anyone with information about Cannon’s whereabouts should call the U.S. Marshals’ tip line at (866) 492-6833.
- Albine Cannon's fate in jury's hands in murder trial
- Lorain murder defendant: man shot me, killed resident
- Still no verdict in murder trial
- Abline Cannon will serve at least 40 years before possibility of parole (UPDATED/VIDEO)
- Abline Cannon found guilty of Lorain murder (UPDATED)
- Prosecution, defense try to make case about murder suspect's location
- Cannon pleads not guilty to Lorain murder at arraignment
- Lorain homicide suspect Cannon arrested in Kent
- Man wanted in Elyria shooting added to U.S. Marshal 'dangerous dozen' list
- Tempers flare as murder victim's family leaps over railing to attack defendant (VIDEO)
- Trial begins for Abline Cannon in Lorain homicide
- 2 arrested in Lorain murder investigation
- Police seek man in connection with fatal home invasion
- Twin brother: Lorain murder victim 'was loved'