NORTH RIDGEVILLE — A North Ridgeville woman was shot to death Friday evening, and her husband has been charged with murder and felonious assault. Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the shooting.
North Ridgeville police officers received a 911 call at 6:46 p.m. from a man stating that he had shot his wife. When they arrived at 5915 Jaycox Road, they found Gloria Svec, 69, lying unresponsive in the kitchen with multiple gunshot wounds.
Ronald Svec, 74, was taken into custody. North Ridgeville Fire Department confirmed they removed a woman from the home at 7:01 p.m. with “multiple gunshot wounds” and took her to St. John Medical Center in Westlake. A short time after being taken to the hospital, Gloria Svec was pronounced dead.
Ronald Svec is being held at the Lorain County Jail.
No further details were released Friday.
- Witnesses say man charged in wife's death didn't show previous violent side
- Did Ronald Svec shoot his wife in self-defense or anger? The case now goes to the jury
- Ronald Svec found guilty on all charges in wife's fatal shooting (UPDATED)
- North Ridgeville murder trial: Police say defendant put knife in wife's hand
- Trial begins for man, 77, accused of killing wife
- North Ridgeville murder trial: Expert says nothing wrong with firearm
- North Ridgeville murder trial: 'Papa shot mama'