6:22 p.m. Aug. 12 — Cascade Park, 120 Floradale Court, 13-year-old boy, 22000 block Indian Hollow Road, Grafton, 14-year-old boy, 100 block Kaiser Court, Elyria, 14-year-old boy, 6700 block West River Road, Elyria, all arrested and charged with robbery. A 14-year-old boy, who police said had a bruise and swelling under his right eye, said the boys repeatedly punched him in the face and stole his bicycle. The boys were taken to the Lorain County Detention Home.
Monday, Aug. 11
- 1:27 p.m. — 600 block Leona St., Steven Panter, 28, 600 block Concord Ave., charged with aggravated menacing, but not arrested. Panter’s wife said they argued in their home in the 600 block of Concord Ave., on Thursday and she said she wanted to leave him. She said Panter pointed a pistol at her and said he would kill her, their daughter and himself if she tried to leave him. She said Panter then put the pistol away and punched a hole in the living room wall. On Friday, she said they argued and Panter pushed her to the ground, so she left. Police said they called Panter’s lawyer who said Panter planned to turn himself in.
- 5:52 p.m. — 400 block 11th St., a resident said someone burglarized her garage between Saturday night and early Sunday and stole her son’s bicycle. She said the garage door may have been left open.
- 6:14 p.m. — Elyria Police Department, 18 West Ave., a man said his bicycle was stolen from outside his girlfriend’s home in the 200 block of Fairlawn Ave.
- 7:07 p.m. — 1800 block Turner Blvd., a resident said her ex-boyfriend slashed three of the tires on her Plymouth Allair.
- 9:12 p.m. — 100 block Taft Ave., a resident said the rear door to his home was kicked in between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m., but nothing was stolen.
- 11 p.m. — 300 block 15th St., a resident said her daughter’s $118 bicycle was stolen from outside the house after 9:40 p.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 12
- 12:20 a.m. — 300 block Vic Janowicz Drive, a resident said his ex-girlfriend came to his home drunk and attempted to argue with him, but was escorted out of the house by some of his friends. He said she left, but then returned and slashed the tires of his father’s Ford Explorer.
- 2:27 p.m. — Home Depot, 150 Market Drive, a man said a computer was stolen from his company van which he left unlocked while shopping at the store.
- 7:25 p.m. — Bentley Drive near Oakdale Circle, Keith Stone, 20, 600 block Cambridge Ave., Elyria, arrested and charged with obstructing official business and theft. Police said Stone stole DVDs from the Walmart at Chestnut Commons and ran from security guards and police. Police said Stone refused to lie on the ground and was body-slammed by Sgt. Tom Wade, who then handcuffed him.
- 8:24 p.m. — 100 block Portia Court, a resident said the man she has children with became angry with her for smoking a cigarette outside her home while the children were inside. She said he slapped her in the face before leaving. Police said the man, who they didn’t identify, was charged with domestic violence and trespassing.
Wednesday, Aug. 13
- 12:10 a.m. — 400 block Huron St., Charley Kidd, 41, same address, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Kidd’s wife, who police said had no visible injuries, said they argued over the dog defecating on the floor and he pushed her to the floor and kicked her in the ribs. Kidd, who police said has a prior domestic violence conviction, denied touching his wife.