10:13 p.m. Aug. 5— Leavitt Road approaching Meister Road, Gary Knapp, 37, 800 block W. 11th St., arrested on an outstanding child support warrant and cited for driving with a suspended license, no tail lights, driving with fictitious plates and without registration. Police said they stopped Knapp on a motorcycle that didn’t have tail lights. They said he has eight open driving suspensions.
Tuesday, Aug. 5
- 11:18 a.m. — Harrison Cultural Center, 1922 Hamilton Ave., a wooden table and eight wooden chairs were reported stolen. A woman who helps run the center said the theft may have occurred when the center doors were open for boxing lessons being given in the basement.
- 8:06 p.m. — West 17th Street, near Lexington Avenue, Eugene Robinson Jr., 22, 2000 block Oakdale Ave., arrested and charged with driving with a suspended license, improper display of plates, driving with fictitious plates, driving with an expired registration, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Police said they stopped Robinson for driving a car with no front license plate. They said he has six open suspensions and they said they found a small amount of marijuana in the car.
- 9:54 p.m. — 600 block W. 22nd St., a 23-year-old man said he was in the area of West 23rd Street and Oakdale Avenue in a yard waiting for a friend. He said a man he knows only as Tommy told him to get out of his yard and hit him with a wooden 2-by-4 in the left arm and back. Police said the man was bleeding from his left arm and had trouble standing. He was hospitalized at Mercy Regional Medical Center.
Wednesday, Aug. 6
- 12:59 p.m. — 5500 block North Point Parkway, juvenile girl, age not listed, charged with domestic violence, but not arrested. The girl’s foster mother, who police said was unruly, said the girl threatened to cut her with a disposable razor. The girl admitted to the threat which she said was in response to the foster mother throwing her belongings around her room. The girl was taken to a juvenile detention home.
- 3:06 p.m. — 900 block S. Central Drive, a resident said a man kicked in his back door and walked around the home demanding $200 and then left after not finding the resident’s wallet. The resident said he has a drug problem and doesn’t know the man’s name. The man was described as black, with short black hair, about 6 feet tall and 170 pounds wearing a white T-shirt and blue jean shorts.