9:41 p.m. July 26— Raceway Gas, 3040 Oberlin Ave., Dillon McCarthy, 23, 36000 block Chestnut Ridge Road, North Ridgeville, arrested and charged with permitting drug use in a motor vehicle. Logan Pinter, 22, 32000 block Chestnut Ridge Road, North Ridgeville, arrested and charged with possession of heroin. Police officer Brent Payne said he found McCarthy lying on the ground at the station turning blue from an apparent heroin overdose. Payne said he used Narcan, a nasal spray that can revive people using heroin, to revive McCarthy. Payne said he found a small amount of heroin and needles near where Pinter was sitting in the car passenger seat. Payne said Pinter said McCarthy and Pinter both injected heroin in the car.
Saturday, July 26
- 5:44 a.m. — 4500 block Fields Way, James Mahone II, 26, same address, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Mahone’s girlfriend, who police said had redness on her throat, said she confronted him over text messages from another woman and they argued. She said Mahone grabbed her by the throat and threw her to the ground. Police said Mahone, who had scratch marks on his left arm, admitted to pushing the woman to the ground to retrieve his phone and said she scratched him.
- 8:02 a.m. — 28th Street Auto Repair, 1716 E. 28th St., the repair shop office manager said video surveillance shows a man trying to pry open the door of a pickup and then shattering the left rear passenger side window.
- 11:43 a.m. — 2400 block Cleveland Blvd., two residents said someone broke off both windshield wipers on one of their vehicles and the driver’s side wiper on the other between Friday morning and Friday afternoon.
- 12:10 p.m. — 2400 block Cleveland Blvd., a resident said someone broke the windshield wipers on one of his vehicles and bent the wipers on the other between Thursday night and Friday morning.
- 3:34 p.m. — 900 block E. 32nd St., a resident said he saw three men in a pickup illegally dump construction materials on the side of the road. The man said he followed them and they sped off when they realized they were being followed. Police said the license plate number of the truck the man give them came back to a Parma woman, but is not in the Lorain police data base.
- 6:21 p.m. — Black River Landing, 421 Black River Lane, Shawn Hanzel, 39, 1000 block W. Erie Ave., arrested and charged with disorderly conduct by intoxication and persistent disorderly conduct. Police said security guards at the Roverfest concert said Hanzel was drunk and attempting to start fights and they detained him for officers.
Sunday, July 27
- 10:43 p.m. — 3100 block Denver Ave., Christopher Williams, 18, 1500 block Paine St., charged with domestic violence, but not arrested. The mother of the woman, who has two children with Williams, said Williams punched her daughter in the face after a fight over gas money and then fled. Police said they were unable to find Williams.