Wednesday, July 9
- 9:47 a.m. — Elyria Police Department, 18 West Ave., a woman said between 8:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. Wednesday she was walking north in the 2100 block of West River Road N. when a man approached her, grabbed her purse, punched her in the left eye and threw her to the ground when she resisted. The woman’s boyfriend said when he came to her aid, the man threw him to the ground and then ran to a white, four-door Infiniti and was driven away. The man was described as black and muscular, about 6 feet, bald, in his late teens or early 20s and wearing a white T-shirt and red shorts. The Infiniti driver was described as a black man with a stocky build.
- 1:25 p.m. — 300 block 16th St., a man overseeing a bank-owned vacant property said it was burglarized with entry through the front door. He said $3,000 worth of copper piping and electrical wiring was stolen.
- 3:20 p.m. — 100 block East Ave., a Nord Center clinician said he was assaulted by a patient during a home visit. The clinician said the patient, whose name was removed from a police report, hit him in the back and face and kicked him in the stomach before the clinician was able to leave the man’s apartment. Police said the man was charged with assault.
- 11:05 p.m. — Furnace Street near West River Road N., Dantavieun Stephen, 18, 400 block Landings Edge Drive, Elyria, arrested and charged with resisting arrest and obstructing official business. Police Officer Brandon Pool said Stephen ran when Pool tried to arrest him on an outstanding warrant. Pool said he tackled Stephen on Taft Avenue and had to use his collapsible baton to pry Stephen’s arms from underneath his body to handcuff him.
- 11:53 p.m. — 100 block Foxhill Lane, a woman, whom police said had visible injuries, said her boyfriend argued in their apartment and he choked her, hit her in the nose, threw her to the floor and held her head to the floor. She said she was able to escape and call police and the boyfriend left the apartment. Police said the man, whose name was removed from a police report, was charged with domestic violence.