8:27 p.m. April 17 — 100 block Brunswick Drive, Elyria, a woman said she was choked and slapped by her live-in boyfriend. Police observed redness to her neck, but the woman refused to press charges, saying that the man usually stops the abuse when she threatens to call police. Police said charges would be filed by the state, and a warrant for the man’s arrest was issued.
Thursday, April 17
- 10:29 a.m. —1000 block W.11th St., theft of 50 feet of copper pipe, Bosch cordless drill, Makita circular saw and an extension cord, valued at $1,780.
- 11:21 a.m. — 300 block W. 10th St., theft from a vehicle, Craftsman jigsaw, Hilty hammer drill TE5, 4-1/2 Craftsman grinder with wheels, skill circular saw, Milwaukee corded sawzall and a Rigid 700 pipe-threading machine, valued at $1,790.
- 3:06 p.m. — 1000 block E. 33rd St., theft of aamsung LED flat-screen TV and JVC surround sound with DVD player, valued at $2,750.
- 4:34 p.m. — 3000 block Jaeger, Kohl’s, Holly Wilsey, 23, 1000 block King Ave., Lorain, charged with theft after allegedly stealing six pairs of jeans valued at $198.
- 4:40 p.m. — Broadway, Joshua Whitfield, 30, 1000 block E. 30th St., Lorain, cited for loud car stereo and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
- 5:35 p.m. — Missouri Avenue, Robert Simmons, 34, 2000 block G St., Lorain, charged with driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs and improper display of license plates.
- 5:46 p.m. — 4000 block Laurel Road, Shandra Nibert, 37, same address, was cited for dog-at-large and no dog registration after her son’s German shorthaired pointer jumped on a 9-year-old boy, tearing his shirt and scratching his back.
- 8:40 p.m. — 4000 block Riverside, a report of a white and black pit bull where children were seen playing. The officers located the home where the dog belonged, but the woman who answered the door said the homeowners were gone. The woman’s 10-year-old daughter said she did let the dog out. The officer then asked the woman to get the dog, but she told officers she did not “trust the dog” and requested her 10-year-old daughter to retrieve the animal from the neighborhood. The girl was unable to do so and once again the officer requested the woman attempt to get the dog. She refused, but a neighbor was able to catch the dog and return it home. The woman, Satorara Price, 29, of the 4000 block Camden Ave., Lorain, was issued a summons for dog-at-large.
- 10:02 p.m. — 2000 block W. Erie Ave., Garrett Smith, 25, same address, charged with domestic violence.
Friday, April 18
- 2:01 a.m. — 1000 block Reeves Ave., James Sims, 33, homeless, Lorain, charged with disturbing the peace, disorderly conduct by intoxication and disorderly conduct persisting.
Thursday, April 17
- 10:59 a.m. — 200 block Midway Boulevard, reported theft of jewelry from Exotic Nails II. The owner of the jewelry said she removed her ring while she was getting her nails done, and when she returned to the area to retrieve the ring, it was gone.
- 4:23 p.m. — 300 block Winckles St., reported breaking and entering and theft of items from a house.
Friday, April 18
- 2:16 a.m. — 400 block 13th St., reported burglary to a home while the resident was on a business trip.
- 3:17 a.m. — 300 block Clark St., a woman reported that a man, whose name was redacted from a police report, broke the rear window of her Toyota Corolla while it was parked at a parking lot near TLC’s Bar on Kipling Street. She said the man was the “baby daddy” with a friend, and he threw a rock at the window, shattering it.
Monday, April 14
- 9:01 p.m. — Fuller and Grafton roads, Carlisle Township, Yolanda Deblasis, 23, Cleveland, cited for no plate light and two counts of child restraints. Sean Buchanan, 23, Cleveland, arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance, disorderly conduct by intoxication and failure to wear a seat belt. Police said Deblasis was stopped for a traffic violation at which time Buchanan, a passenger, yelled profanities to the officer. Police said Deblasis tried to calm Buchanan down, saying he was drunk, but Buchanan continued to yell in the presence of 3- and 4-year-olds, who were in the back seat. Marijuana was found in Buchanan’s pocket during a search, police said, and the two children were not properly restrained by safety belts and they were in the back seat with a pit bull that Deblasis told police she was afraid of.
Tuesday, April 15
- 8:03 p.m. — South Maple Street near Oberlin-Elyria Road, Kasey Ellis, 22, Elyria, arrested and charged with possession of heroin, possession of crack cocaine, drug abuse instruments and drug paraphernalia. Scott Parson cited for right of way, left hand turn and headlights required. Police said Parson was pulled over for a traffic violation, and a passenger, Ellis, admitted that she had a needle and several other items, which she said Parson gave her to hide. Police said Ellis then removed a burnt pipe, loaded syringe, cocaine and heroin from her bra. Parson denied knowing about those items.