Wednesday, May 24, 2017 Elyria 59°
Delivering to Lorain County 7 days a week

Cops and Courts

Restarting furnace sparks fire at Lorain apartment complex

LORAIN — A fire called in at 9:43 p.m. Sunday in the utility room of an apartment complex at 3190 Fulton Road caused minor damage.

Assistant Fire Chief Gary Burls said after a previous fire, gas had been shut off to the furnace and clothes dryer. In restarting the furnace, a gas valve to the utility room was mistakenly opened where the dryer previously was connected.

Burls said when the furnace was restarted, gas in the utility room ignited. He said between $2,500 and $3,000 in damage occurred.

Click to view comments
To Top

Fetching stories…