2:11 a.m. March 8 — 3000 block G St., Andre Henry, 30, same address, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Henry’s girlfriend, who police said had bruises and scrapes on her right arm and a bruise around her right eye, said they argued after she found nude pictures of women on his phone. She said Henry choked her, pushed her onto a couch and repeatedly punched her. Henry said he punched a wall but denied hitting his girlfriend.
Friday, March 7
- 7:08 a.m. — 5100 block Longbrooke Road, police Officer Richard Broz said an emaciated boxer was in the porch of a house trying to stay out of the cold. Broz said he took the dog to the Lorain Animal Clinic.
Saturday, March 8
- 1:22 a.m. — West 30th Street and Regina Avenue, Daniel Rivera Jr., 37, 2900 block Apple Ave., Lorain, arrested and charged with drunken driving, failure to submit to a Breathalyzer test, speeding, drivng with a suspended license and a seat belt violation. Police said Rivera was stopped for driving 62 mph in a 25-mph zone. They said he smelled of alcohol and failed a field sobriety test and refused to take a Breathalyzer test.
- 7:20 a.m. — Lorain Police Department, 100 W. Erie Ave., Hartford Hall, 300 block Kansas Ave., charged with domestic violence but not arrested. Hall’s wife, who said she is divorcing him, said Hall has been constantly calling and texting her, threatening to kill himself and harm her. She said she saw his truck in her driveway at 3 a.m. Police said Saturday they were unable to find Hall.
- 11:19 p.m. — 3400 block Grove Ave., Jose J. Hernandez-Rodriguez, 26, same address, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Rodriguez’s girlfriend, who told police she is five months pregnant, said he took her keys when she tried to leave his home and tried to grab her by the neck.
Sunday, March 9
- 3:38 a.m. — 2400 block Washington Ave., John Vozary, 33, 4200 block Fairbanks Court, Lorain, arrested and charged with assault and obstructing official business. Vozary’s girlfriend, who police said had a bloody face, cut lip and bruises around her eyes, said he came to her apartment drunk and repeatedly slapped her. Police said they found Vozary hiding in the apartment bathroom.
- 3:58 a.m. — Homewood Drive and Clinton Avenue, Valerie Clarke, 37, 100 block Hemlock Drive, Elyria, arrested and charged with drunken driving and driving with an open container of alcohol. Police said Clarke was stopped for failing to stop at a stop sign, that she smelled of alcohol and that an open bottle of alcohol was found in the car. Police said Clarke failed a portable breath test and refused to take a Breathalyzer test.
- 1:37 p.m. — Dollar General, 2600 Colorado Ave., Danielle Kocak, 20, 1600 block Nebraska Ave., Lorain, cited for endangering children. Police said a store clerk told them a woman brought in a 3-year-old boy who was walking in the middle of Colorado Avenue. The clerk showed police where Kocak lived. Police said Kocak smelled of alcohol and said she had been drinking the night before. She said she was doing laundry while her son was napping and when she couldn’t find him, she ran down the street looking for him rather than calling police.
- 2:22 p.m. — 5500 block Edgewood Drive, a woman said she left her home at 11:30 a.m. and when she returned at 2 p.m., $100 in change had been stolen. She said the front door appeared to have been kicked in and police said they found a shoeprint outside the door.
- 4:16 p.m. — Leavitt Road and West 21st Street, a man who said he was holding a sign asking drivers for money or work said a man drove by and threw change at him, then exited his car and punched him in the right side of the head. He said the man drove away and then came back and threw change at him again.
Monday March 10
- 12:56 a.m. — 2200 block Reid Ave., Oshea Noble, 20, 600 block W. 13th St., charged with domestic violence but not arrested. A woman who Noble has a child with said he came to her home, choked her and then threw her against a wall. The woman, who police said had marks on her neck, said Noble then struck her vehicle with a shovel and tried to slash the tires with a knife before running away. Police said Monday that they couldn’t find Noble.
- 1:22 a.m. — 5700 W. Erie Ave., a woman said as she was sleeping in the bedroom of her trailer when someone broke a window. Police said there were no signs of an attempted forced entry.
Tuesday, March 11
- 11:31 a.m. — Lorain Police Department 100 W. Erie Ave., a woman said her car’s left wheel flew off shortly after she left her home where the car had been parked overnight. The woman suspects her ex-husband’s girlfriend, who she said recently threatened her daughter online, removed the wheel’s lug nuts.
- 1 p.m. — 1000 block W. 11th St., the owner of a vacant house for sale said the home was burglarized with $500 in copper piping stolen and entry through a basement window.
- 1:35 p.m. — 1100 block W. Second St., a woman who said she was suicidal ran from police who had been called by construction workers about the woman. Police said the woman, who was bleeding heavily from her left arm, told them she cut herself with a razor. The 43-year-old Lorain woman was taken to Mercy Regional Medical Center for medical and psychiatric treatment.
- 3:10 p.m. — Lorain Police Department, 100 W. Erie Ave., a woman said her phone was stolen from her car while parked in the Family Dollar, 1564 E. 28th St. She said the phone company traced the location of the phone to City Hall but didn’t have a specific location in City Hall.
- 8:13 p.m. — 700 block Washington Ave., a 15-year-old boy who said he’d been depressed for the last two years said he took 40 over-the-counter pain medication pills. The boy was hospitalized at Mercy Regional Medical Center.
- 10:48 p.m. — 3000 block Broadway, Larry Fisher II, 44, homeless, arrested and charged with breaking and entering. Police said two women told them they saw a man attempt to burglarize a garage. They said he walked away when they yelled at him. The woman later identified Fisher as the man after police found him at a nearby convenience store.
- 11:33 p.m. — 2400 block E. 28th St., a woman said someone tried to enter her bedroom through a window. A neighbor said he saw two men try to open the window. One man was described as black, in his early 20s, about 5 feet, 4 inches tall with a thin build wearing a blue jacket and blue jeans. The other man was black, in his early 20’s, about 5 feet, 8 inches tall and stocky wearing a black jacket and blue jeans.