The Elyria Fire Department evacuated two buildings at Wilkes Villa and blocked off a portion of Fuller Road Thursday morning.
According to the fire department, a gas leak was caused by construction at Wilkes Villa. Two buildings to the northwest of the leak -- the day care center and a maintenance building -- were evacuated.
Elyria Police say there was no concern about a possible explosion, and the buildings were evacuated as a precaution.
Columbia Gas is working on repairing the leak.
Check www.chroniclet.com for updates.