LORAIN — A car fire is believed to have started a garage fire about 12:50 a.m. Sunday at 2542 E. 37th St.
David McHenry was repairing a car in the garage when he said it sparked and caught fire, according to fire Capt. Matt Homolya. McHenry said he tried to put out the fire with an extinguisher, but it didn’t work.
The garage was ablaze when firefighters arrived at 12:59 a.m. and the fire was contained at 1:36 a.m., Homolya said. No one was hurt in the fire.
The garage was a total loss, causing about $10,000 in damage, as was the car valued at $3,000. The fire also caused about $8,000 to belongings.