8:46 p.m. Feb. 27— 400 block W. Fourth St., a man was taken to the hospital after he reported that he was punched in the face by an unknown man wearing a ski mask. Police said the victim was missing teeth from the alleged attack.
Thursday, Feb. 27
- 3:30 p.m. — 400 block W. Fourth St., a manager at Dollar General said she was threatened by a customer at the store after asking him if he was ready to check out. Police spoke with the suspect, who said he felt he was being discriminated against because he is black.
- 11:47 p.m. — 4700 block Oberlin Ave., Christopher Dalton, 37, same address, arrested and charged with violation of a temporary protection order for allegedly being at a residence from which he was banned. Shawnel Neff, 38, same address, arrested on a warrant from the Brunswick Police Department.
Friday, Feb. 28
- 11:09 a.m. — 1200 block W. 17th St., reported home burglary.
- 11:23 a.m. — 1100 block Missouri Ave., reported theft of an air compressor from a garage. The owner of the compressor said he believed his cousin sold the compressor for his heroin addiction.
- 10:43 p.m. — 1100 block W. 19th St., theft of money and a cell phone from a vehicle.
Saturday, March 1
- 12:16 a.m. — Reid Avenue and West 21st. Street, Eric Cruz, 26, 4600 block Camden Ave., Lorain, arrested and charged with driving with a suspended license, improper display of license plates and no license plate light. Police said they stopped Cruz because he was driving with no front license plate and no license plate light.
- 3:29 a.m. — The Cotton Club, 1766 E. 28th St., Alton Goshen Jr., 23, 1600 block W. 19th St., Lorain, and Glen Jenkins Jr., 31, 1700 block Reid Ave., Lorain, each arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and disorderly conduct by intoxication. Police said they found Goshen and Jenkins fighting in the club's parking lot. They said both were drunk and said the fight began inside the club.
- 9:03 a.m. — 4600 block Queen Anne Ave., a deer was found with its leg caught in the top of an aluminum fence and the leg appeared to be broken in several places, police said. Police Officer Tod Reed fatally shot the deer with a shotgun.
- 9:36 a.m. — 3300 block Broadway, a man said he saw a man and a woman drive away from an abandoned home after the man left the home carrying a white garbage bag filled with copper piping. Police said a front porch window to the home was broken and the back door was open. Copper piping was missing from the basement.
- 8:14 p.m. — 1000 block W. 18th St., a pit bull that followed a man walking his dog had its ribs visible and a bite scar on its head. The dog, which had no tags, was taken to the Lorain Animal Clinic.