2:45 a.m. Feb. 22 — Broadway and West 25th Street, Deshon Lind, 36, 5500 block North Point Place W., Lorain, arrested and charged with disorderly conduct by intoxication, persistent disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace and walking along a highway. Police said Lind refused to stop screaming obscenities, which he blamed on being a “nicotine addict” who just “broke my cigarette.” Police said Lind kicked a police cruiser door when being taken into the Lorain City Jail, striking an officer’s leg.
Wednesday, Feb. 19
- 2:15 p.m. — 3100 block Colorado Ave., a man parked outside of Sunoco and when he came back to his truck, he said someone had stolen more than $1,000.
- 4:45 p.m. — 3100 block Jaeger Road, a man left Kohl’s with three leather jackets that he didn’t pay for, according to the police report.
Thursday, Feb. 20
- 12 a.m. — 4100 block Shore Drive, a woman said someone has been making unauthorized transactions on her credit card.
- 3:30 a.m. — 800 block Colorado Ave. a woman said she fell asleep at a friend’s house and woke up to find her phone missing. Her friend had the phone battery in his sock, according to the report.
- 3 p.m. — 5100 block Oberlin Ave. a man said someone stole his truck.
- 7 p.m. — 2900 block Cromwell Drive, a woman said her daughter’s ex-boyfriend has been sending her family threatening messages.
- 9:40 p.m. — West 35th Street, a woman said her friend punched the windshield of her car, breaking it.
- 11:02 p.m. — Intersection West 9th Street and Long Avenue, police stopped a car for a traffic violation and saw a man in the passenger seat who argued with them and wouldn’t cooperate, according to a report.
Friday, Feb. 21
- 12:05 p.m. — 3000 block Jaeger Road, Kohl’s, a loss-prevention officer witnessed two suspects enter a fitting room and leave the room wearing more clothes than when they entered. The two left the department store and the officer followed them to their vehicle, but the man ignored the officer’s request to re-enter the store. The male suspect left the premises. The woman agreed to go back to the store but told the loss-prevention officer she did not steal any items. The loss-prevention officer found numerous price tags on the ground in and near the fitting room totaled at $3,286.40. The woman was not arrested but was informed to not return to the store. The man is still at large.
Saturday, Feb. 22
- 5:25 a.m. — Crehore Street, police said an officer followed a stolen all-terrain vehicle before the driver ditched it in a driveway and ran away. The ATV was stolen from a garage in the 4000 block of Leavitt Road, according to police.
- 8:46 a.m. — 1100 block W. 17th St., police Officer Richard Broz crawled under a car to get a friendly pit bull out from underneath it. The dog was taken to the Lorain Animal Clinic.
- 3:20 p.m. — Hometown Market, 845 W. 22nd St., Steve Hamilton Jr., 22, 1800 block G St., Lorain, arrested and charged with carrying a concealed weapon, having weapons under disability, improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, driving with a suspended license and failure to signal. Police said they stopped a car Hamilton was driving for failing to signal. They said Hamilton was carrying a .38 caliber semiautomatic pistol and a small amount of marijuana.
Sunday, Feb. 23
- 12:39 p.m. — 500 block W. 27th St., a woman said someone burglarized her car while it was parked in her driveway overnight. A small amount of change, her car registration and her driver's license were stolen, she said.