1:26 a.m. Nov. 28 — 100 block W. Herrick Ave., Randy Martin, 21, of Collins, arrested and charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated, open container and driving without headlights. Police said Collins was stopped for driving without headlights, and he smelled of alcohol and had an open can of beer in the center console. Martin said he only consumed two beers and refused to complete field sobriety tests. Police said while giving a urine sample, Martin filled his cup up with water from the toilet.
Thursday, Nov. 14
- 4:45 p.m. — 200 block Wenner St., police were sent to investigate a report of shots fired inside a residence and found a woman had accidentally fired a revolver while she was moving some firearms inside her apartment. Police said the woman was not injured, but she was visibly distraught.
Saturday, Nov. 16
- 3:35 p.m. — 200 block Union St., a 17-year-old boy was arrested and charged with littering from a vehicle, improper backing, possession of marijuana and resisting arrest. Police said the boy was stopped for improperly backing, and he threw a cigarette out of the window, refusing to pick it up. The boy reportedly became upset when asked to step out of the vehicle and told the officer that he was going to call his mom. Police said marijuana was found in the boy’s pocket.
Saturday, Nov. 30
- 11:08 a.m. — 200 block N. Main St., a window was broken out of a vehicle at Wellington Auto Parts. The owner said there was nothing missing from the vehicle.
- 6:48 p.m. — 200 block N. Main St., a vehicle’s windshield was shattered and a mirror broken. The vehicle was parked on the north side of the Veterans of Foreign Wars post.
Monday, Dec. 2
- 12:02 a.m. — 100 block Depot St., a woman told police she was assaulted by her friend’s boyfriend while she tried to intervene during an argument. The woman was unsure if she wanted to press charges, and she was uninjured.
- 8:15 a.m. — 200 block W. Herrick Ave., a man reported receiving threatening text messages from another man who believes he is having an affair with his wife.