With uncertainty surrounding the Browns’ selection at No. 1, there isn’t a single lock in what promises to be an exciting draft. Here’s my best guess at how the first round plays out Thursday night, along with every pick for the Browns. I’m not going to try to predict trades, except for a key one.
- Cleveland: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M. After much debate, the Browns follow conventional wisdom.
- San Francisco: Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State. 49ers would prefer to trade down, instead start a run of Buckeyes.
- Chicago: Jamal Adams, S, LSU. Bears bypass a quarterback for best player available.
- Jacksonville: Solomon Thomas, DL, Stanford. RB Leonard Fournette would also make sense.
- TRADE Cleveland (from Tennessee, originally from L.A. Rams): Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina. Part 2 of the Browns’ dream scenario. They part with Nos. 12 and 52 and a third-rounder next year to get their quarterback.
- N.Y. Jets: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama. Trubisky would’ve been the pick.
- L.A. Chargers: Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State. Chargers go with a Buckeye in the first round for the second straight year.
- Carolina: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford. Versatile weapon first running back off the board.
- Cincinnati: Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama. Bengals get lucky, and one of the draft’s best players.
- Buffalo: Mike Williams, WR, Clemson. QB Deshaun Watson wouldn’t be a surprise.
- New Orleans: Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama. Defense, defense, defense for the Saints.
- Tennessee (from Cleveland, originally from Philadelphia): Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan. Help for QB Marcus Mariota.
- Arizona: Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech. Coach Bruce Arians can’t resist the big arm.
- Philadelphia (from Minnesota): Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU. Eagles delighted he’s still on the board.
- Indianapolis: Takkarist McKinley, DE, UCLA. Colts need all the help they can get on defense.
- Baltimore: Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee. Ravens get a pass rusher.
- Washington: Haason Reddick, LB, Temple. One of the best stories of the draft.
- Tennessee: Adoree’ Jackson, CB, USC. Would’ve been OSU’s Gareon Conley if not for the police investigation.
- Tampa Bay: Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State. Off-the-field concerns could force Bucs to go a different way.
- Denver: Garett Bolles, OT, Utah. Offensive line needs improvement.
- Detroit: Charles Harris, DE, Missouri. Everyone wants pass rushers.
- Miami: Forrest Lamp ,OG, Western Kentucky. A first-round lineman for the second straight year.
- N.Y. Giants: Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida. Giants beef up the middle of their defense.
- Oakland: Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama. Has all the tools … and bust potential.
- Houston: Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin. No quarterback, but a trade down is possible.
- Seattle: Kevin King, CB, Washington. Richard Sherman’s replacement?
- Kansas City: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson. Great fit with coach Andy Reid.
- Dallas: Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan. Cowboys need to do better rushing the passer.
- Green Bay: Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida. A lot of good corners in this draft.
- Pittsburgh: T.J. Watt, LB, Wisconsin. Will J.J.’s little brother terrorize the Browns?
- Atlanta: David Njoku, TE, Miami. A steal this late.
- New Orleans (from New England): Tre’Davious White, CB, LSU. More defensive help for the Saints.
Rest of the Browns’ picks
33. Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut
52. (From Carolina) Traded to Tennessee.
65. Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State
108. Shaquill Griffin, CB, Central Florida
145. Rudy Ford, S, Auburn
175. (From New England) Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming
181. (Compensatory pick) Tanzel Smart, DL, Tulane
185. Eric Saubert, TE, Drake
188. (From Chicago through Houston) Austin Carr, WR, Northwestern
- Browns top pick Myles Garrett working to improve 1st step after Hall of Famer Bruce Smith said he was too slow off the ball
- (UPDATED) Browns No. 1 pick Myles Garrett signs rookie deal, seals it with a "Kiss From a Rose"
- Sashi Brown "not scared" of Myles Garrett's bravado and comments, comfortable with the No. 1 pick's confidence
- Another NFL Draft, another huge opportunity for Browns to get significantly better
- LSU's Fournette entering NFL draft showing no fear of a bad fit
- NFL Draft: Browns still need help at receiver, and East Carolina's highly productive Zay Jones could provide it
- NFL Draft: Myles Garrett out to be greatest of all time; Texas A&M coach says it's no-brainer for Browns to take him No. 1
- NFL Draft: For years Mitchell Trubisky's goal has been to end Browns' QB curse, and he just might get that chance
- Browns Analysis: Breaking down the draft's top QBs, with Mitchell Trubisky at the top of the list
- NFL Draft: Cal QB Davis Webb could be next-best option for Browns at top of 2nd round
- 'Football junkie' Baker could fill Browns' need at safety
- Browns: Sashi Brown doesn't expect a trade for Jimmy Garoppolo, says team impressed by Mitchell Trubisky
- Browns exec Sashi Brown won't reveal plans for No. 1 pick but says team would be "proud to have" Myles Garrett
- Browns Notes: Joe Haden wants Myles Garrett to be the pick at No. 1, would be "super excited"
- Scott Petrak's mock draft
- Browns Analysis: Buckle up for a wild ride until the NFL Draft ... and maybe when it starts
- NFL Draft: Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes' decision to pick football over baseball pays off as talent evaluators love his powerful arm
- Alabama coach Nick Saban says TE O.J. Howard much better than statistics show, will be success in NFL
- With NFL Draft rapidly approaching, Browns still faced with uncertainty at QB
- Free agent cornerback Webb among visitors to Browns headquarters