ELYRIA — After a six-hour inspection, Lorain County’s first medical marijuana dispensary announced an expected opening date of Feb. 22.
Elyria police inspected Clubhouse Dispensary at 709 Sugar Lane for an hour Wednesday, looking over its multiple security measures, asking questions and examining features in the building. The Ohio Board of Pharmacy then inspected the business for five hours.
Kayla Greenberg, general manager of the dispensary, said the state inspection looked at the security, patient intake process, accountability, transaction process, operating procedures and other required systems.
The dispensary still needs the third and final reading by City Council on Monday to be able to sell medical marijuana. It is going to take a couple of weeks to prepare and stock the building, she said.
“Clubhouse Dispensary has been working diligently to reach construction and has been issued certification by the state required to open in Elyria,” Greenberg said. “Our experienced staff is looking forward to assisting medical marijuana patients in Ohio.”
The dispensary’s operation hours will be 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Only patients with state-certified medical marijuana cards can purchase marijuana from the dispensary.
The 4,500-square-foot dispensary has a parking area and a single glass door for entering and exiting. The staff includes 20 to 25 employees including consultants, or “bud tenders,” full-time security, a general manager, an assistant manager, compliance officers and bookkeepers.
The property has a security system and number pad access module for its door. There are security cameras and motion sensors inside and outside the building. A security guard also will be at the front desk of the dispensary with a monitor of all camera feeds.
At least one private security guard will be on duty during operating hours, but the dispensary can tighten security further if it needs to, Greenberg said.
The qualifying medical conditions that are allowed to be treated using medical marijuana are HIV/AIDS; Alzheimer’s disease; amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or ALS; cancer; chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE; Crohn’s disease; epilepsy or other seizure disorders; fibromyalgia; glaucoma; hepatitis C; inflammatory bowel disease; multiple sclerosis; pain that is chronic and severe or intractable; Parkinson’s disease; post-traumatic stress disorder; sickle cell anemia; spinal cord disease or injury; Tourette’s syndrome; traumatic brain injury; and ulcerative colitis.
For more information or to find a certified doctor to recommend medical marijuana, visit www.medicalmarijuana.ohio.gov or call the toll-free helpline at (833) 464-6627, or by email at MMCPRegistry@pharmacy.ohio.gov.
- Public is silent on medical pot store in Elyria
- Elyria Planning Commission OKs second medical marijuana dispensary
- Elyria marijuana dispensary ready, except ... (VIDEO)
- Clubhouse Dispensary heads to full Elyria Council
- Elyria Council recommends conditional use permit for marijuana dispensary
- Medical marijuana registry now open in Ohio
- State board to consider new qualifying conditions for medical marijuana
- Medical marijuana won't be ready by Sept. 8 in Ohio
- Pot dispensary owners have experience in other states
- Three Lorain County businesses are licensed to sell medical marijuana
- Proposed medical marijuana dispensary sites draw mixed reactions
- 11 applicants want to call Elyria home for their medical marijuana dispensaries