Saturday, March 23, 2019 Elyria 30°
Advertisement

Local News

No injuries in Friday Avon Lake fire

Advertisement

 

AVON LAKE -- There were no injuries Friday afternoon following an appliance fire at a Waterside Crossings townhouse.

Firefighters from Avon Lake and Avon were called out at approximately 3:30 p.m. for a fire and smoke in a townhouse at 13 Whitaker Cove in the development on the north side of Webber Road.

Avon Lake Fire Capt. James Berry said a neighbor woke up the sleeping resident inside, and she and two dogs escaped without injury.

"The neighbor smelled it and saw smoke coming out of the roof," he said.

Crews had to pull down soffits after flames and smoke got into the attic, but did not spread to a connected unit, Berry said.

A dryer is believed to be at fault for the incident.

Contact Dave O’Brien at (440) 329-7129 or do’brien@chroniclet.com. Follow him at @daveobrienCT on Twitter.
Click to view comments
Advertisement
Advertisement
To Top

Fetching stories…