Saturday, September 22, 2018 Elyria 58°
Advertisement

Local News

Road closings this week

Advertisement

Lorain County Engineer Ken Carney announced the closure of Island Road, between Capel Road and Grafton Eastern Road in Eaton Township, for the replacement of a bridge.

The work will begin at 8 a.m. Tuesday and is expected to be completed by 5 p.m. Oct. 31, weather permitting.

The cost of the project is $196,298, with 89 percent funding from the Ohio Public Works Commission and the remaining 11 percent funded by Lorain County Motor Vehicle Tax monies. The work is being completed by Precision Paving of Milan.

Local traffic will be maintained. Detour signs will be posted.

The Ohio Department of Transportation announced the railroad crossing on Route 511 between Main and North streets in the village of Rochester will be closed Wednesday through Friday for railroad repairs. Detour signs will be posted.

Click to view comments
Advertisement
Advertisement
To Top

Fetching stories…